Saturday, February 19, 2011

Prehistoric Cooking ~


Growing up in the 1950's I remember my mom cooked with a pressure cooker on the stove. When the whistler - knob on top started to wiggle and stream would start blowing out it was time to take it off and I think she turned it off. Hers was a little newer then this one. I picked up this neat old funky pressure cooker a few months ago when I was out searching for more kitchenalia. It's displayed in the "Retro Kitchen Museum" in "Jazz'e Junque Inc."




Prehistoric Cooking ~
I believe this may be one of the very first Sunbeam Mix masters, from the late 1920's. Check out that nasty cloth cord! I picked this honey of a find just about two years ago when I started seriously looking for unique kitchenalia items. It may still work. But I was not brave enough to plug it in.
You can visit the "Retro Kitchen Museum" in "Jazz'e Junque Inc." There is a one dollar entry fee. Bring your camera because you can take pictures!
Visit our web site at www.jazzejunque.com

No comments: